How easy is it to fold the collapsible coolers up and down?
It's super easy and should only take a few seconds! Check out the video in our article Mastering the Basics: Fold up for adventure, fold down for rest.
Can collapsible coolers hold water?
Our bouncee collapsible coolers are designed to be used with reusable ice bricks, avoiding soggy wet foods, saving water, and saving money over the product's lifecycle.
They are airtight for temperature control, but they cannot hold water from melted ice - for customers where loose ice is a must, we are launching new liner bag accessories soon! In the meantime, you can repurpose old plastic bags, dry bags, containers, or anything else you may have.
Water does not affect the materials, and of course, if you’re outside and don’t mind a puddle, you can still pack it full of ice!
Do I have to use bouncee ice bricks and accessories?
While our reusable ice bricks and accessories are designed to enhance your experience, they're by no means mandatory!
Without any ice bricks, your Bouncee cooler will keep your goods cold for a few hours, and we use ours like this all the time for groceries and other short trips.
You can also use whatever ice bricks or accessories you may already have. You can also make your own by freezing water in sealed containers like old soft drink bottles.
And if you're carrying hot food, you always use the bouncee cooler without ice bricks. We recommend adding one of our thermal divider accessories to make a smaller compartment if you need to pack a small amount of food. Or use the horizontal divider on top of larger loads to lock in the heat.
Have you seen other insulated collapsible boxes?
So many of our customers have tried a collapsible cooler made purely from EPP or polystyrene in the past. They loved the convenience and efficiency but also ran into significant problems with breakage and poor temperature control due to air gaps.
Our team have been making collapsible insulated boxes for the last ten years. With bouncee, we built on everything we learned along the journey to create a completely new Australian-made design with incomparable durability and temperature control performance.
Want more details?
1. Durability: Our patented advanced composite uses EPP for performance insulation and rigid EPP for durability in critical hinging areas. This, along with our reinforced gussets, increased density, and attention to wall thicknesses, makes the durability of bouncee’s collapsible coolers incomparable to other collapsible coolers. Check out our Guidebook and socials for more info!
2. Temperature control: No matter the material used, insulation can only perform when there are no open seams and air gaps. It took thousands of Aussie person-hours to design bouncee’s patented folding and sealing design to overcome these issues with flimsy imported knockoffs. Bouncee coolers also have 30mm wall thicknesses, which increase temperature control performance. Check out our Guidebook and socials for more info!
3. Configurability: A box is a box, but bouncee is a system. Using our accessories, you can create different temperature zones, isolate food from gear, and many other useful combinations.
4. Designed, made and supported here: Bouncee’s collapsible coolers are Australian.
5. Impact: Every bouncee product sold for recreational purposes amplifies our zero-waste initiatives and allows us to scale our environmental impact. See our About page for more details.
Where are bouncee products made?
We are committed to developing and manufacturing innovative products on Aussie soil.
From the patented cooler design and integrated hinges to the ice bricks and thermal dividers, we developed the entire bouncee system right here.
Bouncee collapsible coolers and thermal dividers are all manufactured in Australia and are licensed Australian-made.
All our packaging is Australian-made or purchased from Australian partners.
Our ice brick accessories are currently produced internationally, and we are working on changing that.
What are bouncee products made of?
Unlike traditional coolers, bouncee collapsible coolers stand out by eliminating the plastic outer shell and utilising an exciting material called expanded polypropylene (EPP).
All our coolers are made from our advanced patented composite of highly insulating EPP and rigid PP for critical hinge areas. This makes them both lightweight and robust where it counts.
EPP is made from over 93% air and offers exceptional insulation, lightweight durability, and many eco-friendly properties, such as its non-harmful blowing agents and recyclability.
EPP is a leading material used in automotive design worldwide, and if you look closely around your spare wheel or inside your bumper bar, you will likely be able to find it!
Our hard ice bricks are made from well-moulded, robust HDPE, which is recyclable curbside.
Are bouncee products polystyrene foam?
No, the EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) used in Bouncee products differs greatly from white polystyrene foam (EPS).
1. Material Composition: EPP is made from polypropylene, and they are different materials with vastly different properties.
2. Durability and Robustness: The EPP used in Bouncee products is considerably more durable and robust than polystyrene foam (EPS), commonly used in packaging or appliance protection. EPP can withstand significant impacts without permanent deformation or damage.
3. Flexibility and Resilience: EPP has excellent flexibility and resilience. It can recover its shape even after repeated compression or bending, making it suitable for flexible and shock-absorption products. In contrast, polystyrene foam (EPS) permanently dents when pressed with a finger.
4. Chipping and Flaking: Low-density EPS, typically found around appliances, is prone to chipping easily and creating a mess. The EPP used in Bouncee products is tough and robust, offering a different level of quality and resistance.
5. Chemical Resistance and Cleanliness: EPP exhibits extensive chemical and temperature resistance properties. Combined with Bouncee's unique surface textures, EPP products are considerably easier to clean than EPS. If you have ever seen someone spill nail polish or petrol on EPS, you will know it dissolves in seconds.
6. Environmental Credentials: EPS is expanded using a VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) blowing agent called pentane, whereas EPP is expanded with CO2, a non-toxic and non-depleting agent. EPP and EPS are highly resource-efficient materials with more than 93% air content. EPP is also recyclable, free from harmful substances, and used to create reusable products, contributing to offsetting single-use packaging waste.
How strong are they?
Crafted from our patented blend of rigid and foamed PP, bouncee collapsible coolers are unexpectedly robust.
Check out our Guidebook and socials for more info!
How long do bouncee coolers hold temperature?
Offering over 30mm of EPP insulation on all walls, they are ideal for day trips. They fit right in the middle of the pack – they are better than the old-school, low-end hard coolers and most soft coolers, but they aren’t pretending to be a 7-day camping cooler either. Check out our Guidebook for more details!
How can I dispose of bouncee products?
All of bouncee’s products are designed for a long life.
Our bouncee collapsible coolers are also modular and repairable. If you have damaged a certain section, please get in touch with us to discuss your repair options before disposal!
If, for whatever reason, you do need to dispose of our products:
- Ice bricks: puncture them and drain the liquid out before recycling the HDPE bottle in your curbside bin. The liquid is drain-safe and plant-safe.
- Coolers and dividers: We would love to get these products back for analysis and for recycling in future, so please get in touch with us to discuss options before disposal.
How are bouncee products packaged for delivery?
Your bouncee products will arrive in a curbside recyclable cardboard box or paper-based satchel.
We do not include soft plastics or fillers; we also use paper tapes wherever possible.
How do I dispose of the packaging?
All our packaging is paper-based and recyclable in your curbside recycling bin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express credit cards.
We also accept Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal & Afterpay. If you decide to use these methods, you’ll be taken to their website, where you’ll be prompted to log in and process your payment. You’ll then be directed back to our merchant website once your transaction is complete.
Where is my refund?
We aim to process refunds within five business days of an item being returned to us.
Please note that your bank may take several days to process the payment back into your account, so please allow up to ten working days after posting the item back to us before getting in touch about your refund.
We’ll contact you by email to let you know when your refund has been processed.
Ordering & delivery
Can I place an order without creating an account?
You can log into your Shopay account at the checkout to speed up the process if you prefer.
If you’d like to check your order history and have your shopping basket items and payment details saved for next time, you can sign up for an account. It’s quick and easy, visit our registration page and follow the instructions on-screen.
How do I cancel my order?
There is only a short time between when you place your order and when we start processing it. If you contact us straight away after ordering via email@example.com, we may be able to cancel your order before it’s processed.
How much is shipping?
Shipping will be calculated at the checkout once you have entered your shipping address.
When will my order arrive?
Orders are typically dispatched from our warehouse in under one business day. Orders placed on weekends and public holidays are dispatched on the next business day.
All orders are shipped with AusPost, and depending on the destination, they typically deliver within 1-7 business days. You will be provided with a tracking number in the confirmation emails so that you can follow your order.
Can I track my order?
Yes. We’ll provide updates at every stage of your order, from when you place it to despatch and delivery. In your delivery confirmation emails, you’ll receive a tracking number that you can use to check the progress of your order online.
What countries do you ship to?
We ship to all states and territories in Australia. If you are based outside of Australia and wish to purchase our products or partner with us, please contact us.
Can I return or exchange an item?
You can absolutely return your item to us as long as it is within 14 days of receiving it and it’s undamaged, unused and contained in its original packaging with all labels attached.
Please get in touch with our customer service team to discuss your situation and for further information on returns and exchanges as required. You may be responsible for the return shipping costs depending on the situation.
My order has arrived, but it’s not as I expected. What can I do?
In the extremely rare event that your order arrives incorrectly, damaged, or faulty, please take photos of the product in question and email our customer service team via firstname.lastname@example.org with the details as soon as you can.